Current NCID activity:
High Court decision regarding wage assessments in ADE's - ADE wage discrimination
People with intellectual disability engaging with Open Employment services - Engagement Project - Department of Employment
Australian delegation to the UN Committee - UN Delegation
Introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) - NDIS
Support for Upper Crust employees and families - Werrigal
Quote of the month: "it is easier to go to bed with a complaint than with responsibility"
NCID is partnering with the Department of Eduction, Employment and Workplace Relations to provide information to people with intellectual disability about Open Employment services.
A Statement by NCID on the need for people with intellectual disability to have access to both Commonwealth employment funding and State Transition to Work funding to successfully go from school to employment in the open labour market.
Our Position in Brief!
The Australian Human Rights Commission should refuse the application by FaHCSIA for an exemption to continue to use the Business Services Wage Assessment Tool (BSWAT).
It is unacceptable for unlawful disability discrimination, determined by our highest courts, to continue when redress is available.
Concluding observations on the initial report of Australia, adopted by the Committee at its tenth session (2–13 September 2013)
The Committee is concerned that despite the adoption of the National Disability Strategy, the State party has not to the full extent enacted legislation that corresponds to the contents of the Convention. Full Report
Looking Back Looking Forward highlights the key issues that were identified by people with intellectual disability and their families through the extensive consultations that NCID and our Agency Members conducted throughout 2012/2013 on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Reality versus Rhetoric: Seeing past the cloud of language, appearances and good intentions to view inclusion from the mountain top
- Meeting Korea and OHCHR
- Segregated Employment Shames Australia
- Judy Huett Speaks Out
- Opening Statement by Australia
- Our Voice Election Statement
- Reflections on BSWAT Consultation
- Bad news highlights need for change ...
- Supporting Australians with an Intellectual Disability
- Commonwealth discriminates against people with intellectual disability, High Court rules
- Segregation is still with us
- Inclusion is a super idea
- NDIS Levy welcomed
- What's in a name?
- Human Rights Bill Submission - 2013
- Bullies win the day again!
- NCID welcomes NDIS Legislation
- Abuse Royal Commission