Current NCID activity:
Take NCID's 2014 survey - Employment Survey
People with intellectual disability engaging with Open Employment services - Engagement Project - Department of Employment
High Court decision regarding wage assessments in ADE's - ADE wage discrimination
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) - NDIS
Quote of the month: "The world worries about disability more than disabled people do".
NCID Statement - BSWAT Payment Scheme
Ministers Andrews and Fifield announced that the Commonwealth will make a one off payment to employees with intellectual disability paid wages determined by the Business Services Wage Assessment Tool (BSWAT).
It is NCID’s view that:
Will people with intellectual disability finally get justice or more discrimination and unfair treatment?
Today the Commonwealth Government has established a fund to compensate 10,000 people with intellectual disability who are paid discriminatory wages (as little as $1.00 an hour) by Australian Disability Enterprises (also know as sheltered workshops).
NCID is partnering with the Department of Eduction, Employment and Workplace Relations to provide information to people with intellectual disability about Open Employment services.
A Statement by NCID on the need for people with intellectual disability to have access to both Commonwealth employment funding and State Transition to Work funding to successfully go from school to employment in the open labour market.
Our Position in Brief!
The Australian Human Rights Commission should refuse the application by FaHCSIA for an exemption to continue to use the Business Services Wage Assessment Tool (BSWAT).
It is unacceptable for unlawful disability discrimination, determined by our highest courts, to continue when redress is available.
- UN Committee reports ...
- Looking Back Looking Forward
- Reality versus Rhetoric: Seeing past the cloud of language, appearances and good intentions to view inclusion from the mountain top
- Meeting Korea and OHCHR
- Segregated Employment Shames Australia
- Judy Huett Speaks Out
- Opening Statement by Australia
- Our Voice Election Statement
- Reflections on BSWAT Consultation
- Bad news highlights need for change ...
- Supporting Australians with an Intellectual Disability
- Commonwealth discriminates against people with intellectual disability, High Court rules
- Segregation is still with us
- Inclusion is a super idea
- NDIS Levy welcomed
- What's in a name?
- Human Rights Bill Submission - 2013
- Bullies win the day again!
- NCID welcomes NDIS Legislation
- Abuse Royal Commission